- A well-known brand
- Huge sportsbook
- Bet boosts and flash
- A wide range of withdrawals
- Massive country restrictions
With online sportsbooks always looking for new initiatives and features to help the user gamble, many websites have now introduced a brand new payment method – Google Pay.
Google Pay is unique as it is exclusive to owners of an Android device, much similar to Apple Pay, exclusive to Apple devices. The service can only be used for deposits, rather than withdrawals but the security and safety of the new way to pay are fantastic.
In 2018, the two companies – Android Pay and Google Pay – merged and rebranded as the joint Google Pay and became available on a global scale, therefore more and more outlets are accepting Google Pay as a payment method.
Below is our review of this new payment method.
Found 40 bookmakers
- Live streaming service
- User-friendly mobile app for iOS and Android
- Good customer support around the clock
- We trust this sportsbook
- Many restricted countries
- A wide selection of sports to bet on
- Paypal is supported
- User-friendly website
- Fantastic customer support
- Withdrawals can take up to 5 days
- Helpful 24/7 Live Chat
- Various range of Betting Market
- High Odds
- First deposit bonus is not harsh in terms of requirements
- No app available
- A new and energetic website that caters to a variety of markets
- Excellent in-game betting options
- Generous bonus and promotions for new and existing members
- Wide choice of sports and betting markets
- A number of countries including USA, Australia, UK, Germany and France not served by Spin Sports.
- More than 30 sports to place bets
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Reasonable number of lines to bet on football
- Interesting odds
- No app available
- Reliable bookmaker
- Many payment options
- Competent and fast support
- Live streaming available
- Withdrawals may take long
- Easy-To-Understand Main Menu
- Over 15 Distinct Sports
- Many Active Promotions
- Live Betting Section
- Not Licensed In Many Countries
- Massive 100€ Welcome Sports Bonus
- Fast and user friendly mobile website
- Various Bonuses and Regular Promotions
- Simple Banking Process
- Limited Payment Methods
- €5000 cashout limit per day
- Live chat help for users with short response timers
- UK and Malta gambling licences
- Wide betting market variety (traditional sports, e-sports, social and local events)
- The second and subsequent withdrawal of the week will be charged (€5 or equivalent)
- Withdrawals: 65 methods / up to 15 min transactions (except for Visa, Mastercard)
- TOP 5 in industry by betting market variety
- Live broadcasts over 30,000 matches per month
- Football Jackpot available
- Many complaints on the web
- Fast and easy registration
- 100% first deposit bonus
- Higher than average odds
- Over a 100 different depositing/withdrawing options
- The provider's reputation is not stellar
- 24h customer support by phone (free of charge)
- More than 200 live daily events
- Offers 50 different payment methods
- Choice of 2 welcome offers
- Welcome bonuses focus on accumulator bets
- Option to stream up to 4 live events
- Bet Constructor and Betting exchange
- 25 different cryptocurrencies for deposit and withdrawal
- Free Toto bet slip prediction to earn bonus points
- Complaints about withdrawing
- The founder has a proven history in casinos
- Variety of markets on offer
- Responsive and quick mobile client
- Matching first deposit & free bet bonuses
- Low withdrawal limits
- Fantastic mobile website and app
- Large range of different betting options
- Easy to deposit and withdraw
- Responsive customer support
- No welcome bonus on Sportsbook
- Nice signup bonus for new customers
- Instant withdrawals offered
- Top mobile betting experience
- Live chat open 24/7
- Limited number of withdrawal methods
- Over 20 years on the market
- Good reputation
- Variety of first deposit bonuses
- 20$ worth first free bet token
- Outdated bookmaker compared to the market average
William Hill is a fantastic international bookmaker, offering a casino and sportsbook to its players with over a hundred methods of deposit and withdrawal. One of the most popular sportsbooks in the world, William Hill has an instant deposit time with Google Pay.
Covering all popular sports, William Hill offers fantastic sports bonuses and promotions, including a 100% deposit bonus. They are licensed by the Gambling Commission and Gamcare, making them one of the most credible sportsbooks available.
The obvious advantage of Google Pay is the speed of making your deposit. By far the fastest method of depositing is through e-wallets such as Apple Pay and Google Pay, as you don’t even have to enter a password if your finger or face identification is set up. This means that your money will be transferred within seconds, a real positive if you are looking to bet in-play and need to deposit quickly so that the odds do not change.
Furthermore, Google Pay is extremely safe and secure, being protected with face or finger identification. This means that nobody can access your Google Pay account.
Next, the payments are to be made directly from your Android smartphone or another device, so if you do not have your wallet on you, you can still bet on the go.
Finally, there are no deposit or withdrawal fees on Google Pay, a nice advantage as this means you can deposit as much as you want without worrying about little fees.
Like many new payment methods, a disadvantage is a fact that you may struggle to find bookmakers who currently accept Google Pay methods. This is due to the fact that Google has only recently relaxed its policy to allow Google Pay to be utilised on gambling websites, so this could change in the future. Luckily, we have put together a list above to cut out the middleman and show you the best websites that accept Google Pay!
The main negative of using Google Pay as your preferred deposit method is that you cannot withdraw money back through your Google Pay account. It’s competitors such as Apple Pay allow this and maybe in the future, we will see Google Pay adapt to this too. That is why we suggest using Google Pay if you want to deposit your money quickly on the go, or can’t be bothered to enter your card details into a website. However, eventually, you will have to do this to withdraw your money.
- Fast deposit method
- No fees
- Developing coverage of bookmakers
Google Pay wraps up all of your private and sensitive information in multiple layers of cybersecurity, making it an extremely safe and secure payment method. Each payment must process through a security measure of the users choice such as fingerprint scan, face identification or using a password/code.
Most bookmakers also only accept Google Pay payment methods when the user’s Google Pay account name matches that of the betting account, this avoids other people being able to fund their account with your Google Pay and vice versa. The payment method also makes deposits without any financial information being passed onto the betting company.
During the transaction, Google Pay keep your personal details protected. This stems from your name or address to your financial details such as account number or debit card information. Google’s data encryption helps maintain privacy for its users, which is essential for customers who want to place bets online whilst keeping their data confidential and secure.
You must set up a Google account. If you use Gmail or Google Drive, you will already have a Google account but if not it is a simple process and you can do so by visiting the account creation page at Google.
Next, download the Google Play app through the Play Store on your mobile device.
Sign in to your account on the app or website and add a payment method to the platform. To do this select the ‘Payment’ menu and then press ‘+ Payment Method’. Here, there will be an option to add different payment methods such as credit or debit cards and even Paypal, select the option which you will add.
Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the details of your payment method and click save, now you are ready to go!
Paying with Google Pay is extremely easy. Simply log in to your account on your mobile device, press deposit and select the Google Pay deposit method, go through the security measures and then you are done!
Step 1. Log into your account on your phone via the website’s mobile application and press the deposit button in the top right of the page.
Step 2. Enter the amount that you wish to deposit and select Google Pay before clicking continue.
Step 3. Now, you will have to log in with the security measure in place; face identification, fingerprint scanning or a passcode.
Step 4. The money will appear in your account and you are ready to go!
As one of the advantages of Google Pay was the quick deposit times, this will be instant, taking seconds for the money to appear on your account. However, there is no option to withdraw with this method.
Google Pay does not charge a fee, making it a worthy payment method ahead of e-wallets such as Webmoney, who charge a 0.8% fee on each deposit. You can choose your own limits for Google Pay when depositing, with the maximum varying depending on each website.
Skrill is a popular e-wallet accepted on an international level. With fast transactions, its only downside is transaction fees.
MasterCard is an internationally accepted payment method that is easy to acquire and use.
PayPal, originally created by Elon Musk and then acquired by eBay, is a fast-working e-wallet designed to help you pay online.
Bitcoin is one of the most - if not the most - famous cryptocurrencies in the world.
In conclusion, Google Pay is the best payment method for depositing for users on Android devices. It has quick processing time, no fee and ease of setting up means that Google Pay stands out ahead of its competitors.
If you are looking for a quick way to deposit whilst on the go on your mobile device, or perhaps looking to take advantage of the in-play markets, Google Pay is the method for you!
However, it is still behind Apple Pay, who allow withdrawals via the same method. Once Google Pay accepts withdrawals, it will receive top marks, but for now, it is just shy of the very best as a payment method.