- A well-known brand
- Huge sportsbook
- Bet boosts and flash
- A wide range of withdrawals
- Massive country restrictions
Thanks to the rapid-developing technologies, more and more electronic banks come up on the market. Compared to traditional banking systems, digital ones include plenty of advantages. Firstly, these benefit from increased interoperability. It means that you can withdraw your funds from any ATM (cash machine) with close-to-zero fees. Secondly, the processing time is usually inexistent, thanks to the fact that all the transferring systems are autonomous and are capable of verifying and approving transactions on their own.
Revolut is one of the most popular electronic banks available in many countries. This article will explain to you:
- Online bookies that accept Revolut
- Advantages / Disadvantages of using Revolut
- How safe is Revolut
- How to use
- Obtain a card
- Fees, Limits, and Processing Times
- Best Revolut betting sites
However, before we begin, we have to inform you that as it is, Revolut doesn’t support gambling. Early in April, 2020, the payment system discontinued support for many bookmakers. We have found a roundabout way to solve this problem, but the solution might not be available at your location.
The solution itself is relatively simple: our practice shows that you can bet at various betting sites by using Revolut debit card rather than the payment system itself. This way, you can deposit money into your account by the usual means, and then use the issued card to transfer some of the money to your betting account.
Found 40 bookmakers
- Live streaming service
- User-friendly mobile app for iOS and Android
- Good customer support around the clock
- We trust this sportsbook
- Many restricted countries
- A wide selection of sports to bet on
- Paypal is supported
- User-friendly website
- Fantastic customer support
- Withdrawals can take up to 5 days
- Helpful 24/7 Live Chat
- Various range of Betting Market
- High Odds
- First deposit bonus is not harsh in terms of requirements
- No app available
- A new and energetic website that caters to a variety of markets
- Excellent in-game betting options
- Generous bonus and promotions for new and existing members
- Wide choice of sports and betting markets
- A number of countries including USA, Australia, UK, Germany and France not served by Spin Sports.
- More than 30 sports to place bets
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Reasonable number of lines to bet on football
- Interesting odds
- No app available
- Reliable bookmaker
- Many payment options
- Competent and fast support
- Live streaming available
- Withdrawals may take long
- Easy-To-Understand Main Menu
- Over 15 Distinct Sports
- Many Active Promotions
- Live Betting Section
- Not Licensed In Many Countries
- Massive 100€ Welcome Sports Bonus
- Fast and user friendly mobile website
- Various Bonuses and Regular Promotions
- Simple Banking Process
- Limited Payment Methods
- €5000 cashout limit per day
- Live chat help for users with short response timers
- UK and Malta gambling licences
- Wide betting market variety (traditional sports, e-sports, social and local events)
- The second and subsequent withdrawal of the week will be charged (€5 or equivalent)
- Withdrawals: 65 methods / up to 15 min transactions (except for Visa, Mastercard)
- TOP 5 in industry by betting market variety
- Live broadcasts over 30,000 matches per month
- Football Jackpot available
- Many complaints on the web
- Fast and easy registration
- 100% first deposit bonus
- Higher than average odds
- Over a 100 different depositing/withdrawing options
- The provider's reputation is not stellar
- 24h customer support by phone (free of charge)
- More than 200 live daily events
- Offers 50 different payment methods
- Choice of 2 welcome offers
- Welcome bonuses focus on accumulator bets
- Option to stream up to 4 live events
- Bet Constructor and Betting exchange
- 25 different cryptocurrencies for deposit and withdrawal
- Free Toto bet slip prediction to earn bonus points
- Complaints about withdrawing
- The founder has a proven history in casinos
- Variety of markets on offer
- Responsive and quick mobile client
- Matching first deposit & free bet bonuses
- Low withdrawal limits
- Fantastic mobile website and app
- Large range of different betting options
- Easy to deposit and withdraw
- Responsive customer support
- No welcome bonus on Sportsbook
- Nice signup bonus for new customers
- Instant withdrawals offered
- Top mobile betting experience
- Live chat open 24/7
- Limited number of withdrawal methods
- Over 20 years on the market
- Good reputation
- Variety of first deposit bonuses
- 20$ worth first free bet token
- Outdated bookmaker compared to the market average
This payment method comes along with a set of astonishing advantages compared to the traditional banking systems (physical ones). First and foremost, the interoperability achieved by using a digital banking provider breaks the barriers of distinct banks. You can now withdraw your funds from any ATM without paying an arm and a leg in fees.
Another great thing about Revolut is that it allows its users to exchange currency within seconds and benefit from a great exchange rate. Sometimes (and depending on the currency you are planning on exchanging), the exchange rate is even better than the one from the bank.
Starting from 14 April 2020, UK gamblers (both online and offline) are restricted from using Revolut to pay for gambling services. Therefore, all the bookmakers accepting Revolut were prompted to remove it from their available payment methods list. This action is part of the Government’s Review of Gaming Machines and Social Responsibility Measures. To learn more about these restrictions, we suggest you take a look at the relevant Revolut blog post from April 10, 2020. Since there are no options for direct use of Revolut for betting, we can only recommend you to employ it to deposit money to other e-wallets.
Another important disadvantage is that plenty of middle-aged adults believe that this method lacks credibility. Therefore, the number of users is not as high as it could be, taking into account the amazing advantages of this system. Many traditional banks created a new set of applicable fees and commissions to discourage their users from switching to Revolut as their primary banking services provider.
- Increased security
- Smaller fees
- Close-to-zero processing time
- Virtual cards available
- Can't be directly used for gambling
A lot of people question the actual reliability of this payment method. This happens due to the fact that this is one of the first electronic banking service providers that are available worldwide. In terms of safety, Revolut literally excels. All the transactions processed using this payment method are encrypted using the 256-bits encryption. This ensures that all your funds are safe and no one can hijack the transfers.
All the account information (e.g. username, password, bank account, etc.) is encrypted using the latest SSL protocols. Therefore, apart from Revolut Ltd. and your Revolut betting site, no one can see the actual data linked with your account. Their official website benefits from HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure). As a result, all the passwords and bank information you fill in on their website are completely safe.
After creating an account and validating your personal data (KYC – Know Your Customer process), you can easily request a physical card. It allows you to withdraw funds from any ATM available in your country without paying any additional fees. Depending on the country you are living in, Revolut will charge a certain commission for processing your request and shipping your physical card. However, these fees are incredibly small compared to the benefits that this type of card brings you.
Below you will find a detailed guide about how to obtain your Revolut card using the mobile app (available at Revolut App on Google Play).
When it comes to depositing money in your Revolut account, all you have to do is to access the mobile app. The user-friendly interface allows you to top-up your account within a few seconds. Below you will find the detailed sequence of steps you need to perform in order to make a deposit on your Revolut account.
The information you need to fill in when making a deposit on your Revolut card depends on the payment method you choose. In general, the most commonly requested payment systems are:
- Bank Transfer
- First/Last Name
- Bank Account Number
- ID Card
- Card Transfer
- Card Number
- Expiration Date
- First/Last Name of Holder
- First/Last Name
- Email Address
Step 1 – Access the Revolut mobile app
Step 2 – Click on the Add Money button
Step 3 – Press the Change button and select one payment method
Step 4 – Fill in the required data (i.e. amount, card number, first/last name)
Step 5 – Review the information and press the Add Money button
In general, Revolut users benefit from small fees and shorter processing times. Employing it to transfer funds to your other accounts should prove to be a fast and comfortable experience.
Skrill is one of the world’s largest payment processing systems online and is supported in many countries all over the world.
Neteller is an online payment system with an extensive history. It combines flexibility and security with the relative ease of use.
PayPal doesn't really require a lot of introduction. Founded in 1998, PayPal has since become a juggernaut on online payments, which includes betting.
Airtel is an Indian telecommunications company operating mostly in India and African countries. Relatively new to the market on online payments, it is a convenient option for many people.
In conclusion, Revolut is not the best payment method to use for online gambling due to the restrictions. However, you can always use it to top-up other payment systems. And besides gambling, you can use your Revolut card to pay for goods and services at any store that accepts card payment. The associated fees and processing times are smaller compared to traditional banks. Its coverage is similar to the one offered by major card issuers (MasterCard and Visa).
Despite the general impression, Revolut is a completely safe payment method. Your transactions are secured and all the information you fill on the website is kept safe using their encryption protocols (SSL, HTTPS, 256-bits encryption). The mobile app offered by Revolut allows you to manage the funds in your account and your payments even when you are on-the-go. This way, you will be able to determine whether a transaction was misprocessed or you paid more than you expected.