Last week we wrote about the calculation of ROI in betting using static bankroll. Let’s dig deeper into the topic, but this time with the help of dynamic bankroll.
In this article, we explain how we increased our bankroll by 36% in a week along with basics of dynamic bankroll management and examples of this approach used in betting for a stretch of 100 matches featured by MightyTips.
What a dynamic bankroll is
When your bankroll is dynamic, it means that you are constantly recalculating your stakes based on your current money.
In static bankroll, you win or lose this money and then you bet $250 again. In dynamic bankroll, however, you recalculate after each event and your new bet is 5% of the new amount, which is $237,5 in case of a loss and a higher amount in case of a win.
Your losses are getting smaller on a losing streak, and your winnings grow in real-time on a winning streak. And what’s more, you’ll never lose everything.
Why dynamic bankroll over static bankroll
To provide you with factual information on how we use dynamic bankroll in betting, we followed our predictions over the course of a week and bet on the outcomes. We've increased our initial bankroll by 36.84% while having a 7.023% ROI.
We will take you step-by-step during this process with the help of two Johns - a Careful John and a Careless John. Johns are nice guys. They like betting but aren’t quite there yet in terms of bankroll management. Each John has $5000 to play. Careful John is responsible for dynamic bets, and Careless John is presiding over static bets.
The action begins on October, 18th, with a $250 bet on a Real Zaragoza vs Malaga match. The match doesn’t quite go all the way as planned, and both Johns lose.
They repeat a bet, but this time, Careful John stakes $237,50 (5% of 4750). However, he loses again. In fact, out of the first 10 matches, Johns win only 2 times, which leaves them with a $3558,41 bankroll for a Careful John, and $3357,50 bankroll for a Careless John.
Johns are only 10 bets in, but the difference is already noticeable. Despite losses, Careful John feels more comfortable than his adversary. He mitigates the damage done to his wallet.
This goes on for some time. The loss streak is now over, both Johns actually begin making some money. And then October, 20th hits with its 9-loss streak. Not gonna lie, this is rough on both Johns. However, when the storm passes, Careful John is left with $2907,09, as opposed to the Careless John’s $2522,50.
This is the final stop for Johns, so we thank them and bid them goodbye.
What does it mean?
When you are ahead and winning, dynamic bankroll puts you even more ahead.
When you are behind and losing, dynamic bankroll dampens your losses.
On the other hand, compared to static bankrolls, you have a harder time recovering from losing streaks that bring you under your initial bankroll. And you lose more money when you’re over your initial bankroll.
1. Real Zaragoza vs Malaga -250
7. Bristol City vs Middlesbrough -201,38
8. Lazio vs Borussia Dortmund Prediction +308,01
9. Chelsea vs Sevilla Prediction -197,14
10. Cittadella vs Pordenone Prediction -187,29
11. Coventry City vs Swansea City +320,26
12. Huddersfield Town vs Derby County +462,60
13. Empoli vs SPAL Prediction +377,95
14. Reggina vs Cosenza Prediction +727,55
15. Norwich City vs Birmingham City +413,91
16. Bahia vs Atletico Mineiro -242,85
17. Nottingham Forest vs Rotherham United +410,66
18. Millwall vs Luton Town F.C. +414,70
19. New England Revolution vs Philadelphia Union +437,29
20. Botafogo vs Goias -257,90
21. Dynamo Kyiv vs Juventus -245,01
22. Chievo Verona vs Brescia -232,75
23. Pisa vs AC Monza -221,12
24. PSG vs Manchester United +329,79
25. Barcelona vs Ferencvarosi TC +507,72
26. Venezia FC vs Pescara -230,63
27. Zenit vs Club Brugge -219,10
28. RB Leipzig vs Istanbul Basaksehir -208,14
29. Frosinone vs Virtus Entella -197,74
30. Vicenza vs Salernitana -187,85
31. Sheffield Wednesday vs Brentford -178,46
32. Ascoli Calcio vs Reggiana -169,54
33. Nashville SC vs Dallas FC -161,06
34. Shenzhen vs Tianjin Teda -153,01
35. Vissel Kobe vs Kashima Antlers +299,42
36. RKC Waalwijk vs PEC Zwolle +528,06
37. Lugo vs Girona -171,81
38. Penarol vs Athletico Paranaense +261,15
39. Shonan Bellmare vs Sagan Tosu +284,11
40. Cardiff City vs AFC Bournemouth +330,43
41. Inter Milan vs Borussia M`gladbach +283,51
42. Real Madrid vs FC Shakhtar Donetsk +358,71
43. Bayern Munich vs Atletico Madrid +316,58
44. Sao Paulo vs Binacional -201,48
45. Guangzhou Evergrande vs Hebei China Fortune +271,80
46. Red Bull Salzburg vs Lokomotiv Moscow +769,99
47. Lecce vs Cremonese -224,15
48. Espanyol vs Mirandes +347,11
49. Watford vs Blackburn Rovers +450,28
50. Midtjylland vs Atalanta -231,19
51. Ajax vs Liverpool -219,63
52. Stoke City vs Barnsley +490,33
53. Manchester City vs Porto +325,19
54. Queens Park Rangers vs Preston North End +451,14
55. Nacional vs Alianza Lima +657,31
56. Napoli vs AZ Alkmaar +538,06
57. Young Boys vs Roma +766,75
58. Leganes vs Real Zaragoza -298,48
59. HIFK vs RoPS +499,07
60. Inter Turku vs TPS Turku +515,08
61. Standard Liege vs Rangers -305,37
62. Lech Poznan vs Benfica +609,21
63. Dundalk vs Molde -306,06
64. Beijing Guoan vs Shandong Luneng +456,49
65. Hapoel Beer Sheva vs Slavia Praha +642,94
66. Braga vs AEK Athens +505,98
67. Wolfsberger AC vs CSKA Moscow +543,95
68. FC Honka vs FC Lahti -336,64
69. Palmeiras vs Tigre +383,76
70. Leicester City vs Zorya Luhansk +406,98
71. Shijiazhuang Ever Bright vs Dalian Pro -327,20
72. Mallorca vs Albacete -310,84
73. Sparta Praha vs Lille +575,84
74. Rapid Wien vs Arsenal +556,79
75. Bayer Leverkusen vs Nice +488,98
76. Villarreal vs Sivasspor +471,99
77. Tottenham Hotspur vs LASK Linz +472,02
78. Vasco da Gama vs Corinthians +790,97
79. Rijeka vs Real Sociedad +534,74
80. Ludogorets Razgrad vs Antwerp -374,68
81. Hoffenheim vs Crvena Zvezda -355,95
82. CSKA Sofia vs CFR Cluj +1 068,55
83. PAOK vs AC Omonia +974,14
84. Dinamo Zagreb vs Feyenoord -404,64
85. Malaga vs Sporting Gijon +507,42
86. SJK vs FC Ilves +703,01
95. Sandhausen vs Paderborn +736,02
96. Cosenza vs Lecce -356,08
97. Famalicao vs Boavista -338,27
98. Real Valladolid vs Alaves -321,36
99. Guadalajara Chivas vs Cruz Azul +778,49
100. Nice vs Lille +592,11
For more detailed information, you can consult our Dynamic Bankroll table for this week. The table has matches with website links, active bankroll, stakes, winning odds, resulting bankrolls and the amount won with each bet.
It also has columns dedicated to the performance of static bankroll under the same conditions for comparison.
The table will help you better understand the advantages and disadvantages of dynamic bankrolls, and you can use provided formulas to perform your own calculations over long distances of betting.
Key performance indicators
Winrate = Won matches / Total matches * 100%
Winrate: 55/100 * 100% = 55%
Average winning odds: 109.12/55 = 1.984
Initial bankroll: $5000
Final bankroll: $6842,20
Total money spent on stakes: $26 228,90
Total money won: $28 071,10
Bankroll growth = (final bankroll - initial bankroll) / initial bankroll * 100%
Bankroll growth: (6842,20 – 5000) / 5000 * 100% = 36.84%
ROI = (Money won – money staked) / money staked * 100%
ROI: (28071,10 - 26228,9) / 26228,9 * 100% = 7.023%
As you see, we managed to increase our bankroll by 36.84% over the course of 100 matches with an average winrate of 55%. At that time, our highest bet was $406,18 - way over of $250 bets in static bankroll, and the lowest bet was $145,35. Our average ROI was 7.023%.
Dynamic bankroll is great for players that go long distance and aren’t quite sure about their expertise because it ensures that money won’t run out due to a bad streak.
Overall, our bankroll increased by 36.84% this week with a winrate of 55%. Dynamic bankroll let us go as high as $8123,66 before dropping. Keep in mind that we are still using rather safe betting strategies and everyone decides for themselves whether the winnings are big or small.
More next time!
Follow us on Telegram to see if you find a fitting bet.