Albanians spend around €700 on sports betting each year, so this guide will be useful for anyone from this country who is interested in this activity. Once you read this, you will get the information to make a balanced decision and figure out what the best betting sites in Albania are.
List of Albania Betting Sites
Found: 9 Bookmakers
100% bonus on the first deposit up to 12,000 ALL
|BET HERE Go to 1xBet website|
Welcome Bonus up to €25
|BET HERE Go to Bet365 website|
Welcome Bonus 100% up to €100
|BET HERE Go to Rabona website|
Welcome Bonus up to 15,000 ALL
|BET HERE Go to 22bet website|
Welcome Bonus 100% up to €100
|BET HERE Go to 20bet website|
Welcome Bonus 100% up to €500
|BET HERE Go to Freshbet website|
100% bonus on the first deposit up to €100
|BET HERE Go to Powbet website|
Welcome Bonus 100% up to €500
|BET HERE Go to Lilibet website|
100% bonus on the first deposit up to 12,000 ALL
|BET HERE Go to Megapari website|
In this article:
In this review, we cover the most important information on online betting Albania.
- History of Sports Betting in Albania
- Top-3 Betting Sites in Albania
- How We Test & Review Albania Betting Sites
- 2 Best Betting Apps in Albania
- Live Betting in Albania
- 2 Biggest Albania bookmakers
- Popular Sports Types for Online Betting in Albania
- How to Sign up, Verify & Place Your First Bet With an Albania Bookmaker
- Bonuses and Promotions for Online Betting in Albania
- Popular Payment Methods in Albania
This guide is designed to help Albanians find the best betting sites and enjoy the process. Here, you’ll find everything you’re looking for, including the history of online sports betting, the best websites to use, what payment methods are there, and many other things that will help to wager safely and responsibly. Thanks to our experts’ knowledge, the betting experience will remain bright and memorable for you. With such useful tips, you’ll be able to enjoy online betting Albania to the fullest knowing everything about bonuses, odds, and benefits that many sites offer.
If you enjoy sports and want to get engaged in gambling betting on your favorite athletes and teams, you probably have to know how this area works in Albania. First of all, it’s worth mentioning that online betting Albania was legal in this country up till January 2019. Then, the government banned a better part of gambling forms, including sports betting.
Despite this fact, a lot of Albanian casinos can get a license and work as legit organizations. Bingo and lottery games are also permitted. Although Albanians can easily use foreign platforms that are located in other countries - this does not technically break the existing laws.
Here are a few interesting facts about sports betting:
- Online football betting is the most popular kind of sport in online betting around the globe.
- September is the time when there are much more bets because the US football season starts this month.
- Newbies tend to bet on basketball first - this is because it is much easier to bet on it compared to other sports.
- You can bet not just on the game’s final result but also on such things as a particular player’s points and achievements.
As you can see, the online sports betting industry is quite an interesting area. The best thing is that Albanian punters have an array of the best sports betting sites to choose from.
If we’re talking about foreign institutions, very few offer an Albanian version of the website, so it makes sense to go for an English one instead. What concerns the currency, many accept the Albanian lek, or you can easily convert your funds to such commonly used currencies as the US dollar, euro, or pound sterlings. The most popular sports are soccer (American football), volleyball, weightlifting, horse racing, and other activities we’re going to talk about a little later.
Let’s go further. The Gambling Supervision Authority regulates this whole gambling area in Albania. What concerns taxes that are put on the industry in this country, the owners are being charged according to their income. The current tax is 15% of their gross revenue. Also, there are licensing fees and an annual turnover tax which is 3%.
|💶 Currency||Albanian lek|
|⚽ Popular sports||Football, basketball, volleyball, handball|
|⚖️ Is betting legal?||Sports betting is banned.|
|🏢 Gaming Regulator||Supervisory Authority of Gambling of Albania|
|🧾 Gambling tax||Casinos are taxed 15% of the gross revenue along with licensing fees and 3% extra annual tax on turnover|
Let’s take a look at the list of top betting sites for Albanians. We offer you to pay attention to these particular bookmakers and get more information on each of them. Here’s everything you need to know before placing your bets. So, please, go ahead and check them out.
Website #1 in Albania – MelBet
Melbet is one of the safe and legal sport betting sites for Albanians. Besides, it is extremely popular among punters in this country and it has a rating of 9.6/10. Impressing, right?
Website #2 in Albania – 22Bet
22Bet is a platform that’s located in Cyprus but can be used in Albania as well. Being perfect for professional bettors, it offers an easily accessible interface, including a live betting section.
Website #3 in Albania – PowBet
This is a perfect betting ground for everyone who’s looking for quick service and fast money transactions. Not only can you bet online Albania here but you can also play a variety of Virtual games from the leading developers.
We understand how important it is to find reliable betting sites Albania where you can bet easily and safely. This is why we have to pay more attention to the features that betting sites offer. So, there are the 7 main principles we stick to when we test and review the bookmakers’ websites.
We want you to get a better value. And to do so, we pay particular attention to those betting websites that offer the lowest commissions.
If a betting site offers a mobile version, it is a wonderful feature. This way, you can place your bets from any place using just one small device.
Available Payment Options
It may be quite a challenge to find suitable online bookmakers that offer relevant payment options. On our part, we’re trying to find those that offer an array of options to choose from.
Bonuses and Promotions
Small presents always win our hearts. Our list of online bookmakers consists of those websites that present the most beneficial bonuses and promotions.
Bet Types in Online Betting Albania
It is best if a platform offers a wider range of bet types as all punters have different preferences, and a bigger number creates a bigger community of bettors.
Support Work Quality
Another important aspect is the quality of customer support service. It has to be quick and able to solve your problems in the shortest possible time.
Last but not least, it is important to bet on trustworthy sports betting sites. As a rule, reliable platforms are regulated by authorities and have multiple licenses.
If you’re wondering what applications you can use as an Albanian punter, we are going to make this easier for you. We did our best and gathered first-class bookmakers for mobile betting in Albania. These apps will become an easy and convenient way to place your bets and try your luck!
#1 Albania Betting App – Bet365
Bet365 is a popular bookmaker platform that we highly recommend. You can either use a website or mobile apps for both iOs and Android. Here, you can place live and pre-match bets on sports, casino games, poker, bingo, and others.
#2 Albania Betting App – 1xBet
1xBet is another betting site that we recommend. Here, online betting Albania applies to a variety of events, including tennis, football, cricket, basketball, hockey, and lots of other activities. Besides, it offers many payment methods, such as Neteller/Skrill, Bitcoin, VISA, Mastercard, and many other options.
If you are wondering about the condition of live online betting Albania, we have to point out that they tend to bet on live events very often. Moreover, there are several categories that punters from this country adore. Let’s take a look at each of them.
- American football (soccer). This is the most popular type of betting among Albanians so far.
- Horse racing. The most avid bettors love choosing the winning horse.
- Bingo. This is probably the best online equivalent of the regular and traditional ball game.
- Lottery. Who doesn’t want to test their luck? With lottery bets, you can win generous prizes.
Let us show you the biggest and best online betting sites among Albanians. Each of them is frequently used as it offers plenty of betting options and alluring bonuses along with attractive promotions.
Biggest Albania Betting Site – 22Bet
22Bet is one of the best bookmakers that is known around the globe and can boast of its accessible platform and convenient interface. Besides, the site is licensed by the FSA, the UK government, which makes it a reliable place to bet.
Biggest Albania Betting Site – Bet365
We recommend Bet365 as a popular bet Albania platform because it is easy to use, has beneficial offers, and offers a variety of payment methods to deposit and withdraw funds. Besides, as we said, it is mobile compatible as well as desktop version friendly.
Figuring out which sports types are the most popular among Albanians may be an interesting way to spend your time. We are going to talk about the four of them and let you dive into the world of sports betting online.
If it’s your first time signing up on betting sites, don’t worry! The process is as easy as pie:
- Choose the best betting site or application where you want to register.
- Click the “Register” or Sign up” button on the site or within the app.
- Give the needed information and carefully fill out the forms. Make sure all details are up-to-date and relevant. After that, you can verify your account.
- Finally! Pick the sports in which you want to try your luck and place a bet. See, that's easy.
Every bettor, both a professional and a newbie, is pleased with the bonuses and promotions they can get from the top bookmakers. Let’s see what they can offer Albanian punters.
This is a type of bonus you get as a reward for your first deposit. It usually covers a certain amount of your replenishments, and sometimes it’s the whole sum of money.
This is the first bonus you will come across when you sign up on betting sites Albania. Being available for new bettors, they serve as a great way to get you encouraged in further activity.
To claim free bets, you can either use a coupon or make minimum deposits. It can feel like you use free money but you have to know when to stop in order for this bonus to remain positive and beneficial.
Cashback is a promotion that allows you to place a “risk-free” bet, and if it’s lost completely or partly, you’ll get it back. The terms may vary on different websites, so you have to read the policy before betting.
If you become a loyalty program member of betting sites in Albania, you start receiving VIP offers, such as exclusive bonuses, special coupons and promo codes, attractive cashbacks, faster support service, and other first-class stuff.
Let us show you these beneficial and easy-to-use payment methods that Albanians can use for online betting sites.
- Wire Transfer: Here is the first payment method we want to pay attention to. A lot of Albanians prefer a direct wire transfer as it requires minimum effort and time to finish the money transaction operations. Although it’s harder to remain anonymous in this case.
- Neteller: This popular e-Wallet opens accounts for the residents of Albania, and many of them enjoy making money transfers with its help because it works online, has no physical branches, guarantees anonymity, and works with the best betting websites.
- MasterCard: It has become a pretty common choice among Albanians to go for MasterCard because all the largest credit card providers use it and it is valid around the world, not just inside the country. One more time: with these cards, it gets hard to stay incognito.
- Skrill: This is an easy way to make transfers. Skrill supports the Albanian LEK currency which makes it convenient for the residents of Albania to deposit and withdraw money. Just like Neteller, Skrill offers a great level of protection and anonymity.